In the spirit of sharing here is a nice basic cookie dough recipe that can be used in a variety of ways.
1extra large egg
1 extra large egg yolk
This recipe will male about 30 cookies
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Stir through egg and egg yolk with a wooden spoon
- Sift in flour and salt
- Mix well
- Shape the dough into a ball then flatten into disks, cover with cling film, place in fridge for 30 min
- Preheat the oven to 180'C
- Prepare cookie sheets by greasing them
- Remove cooled dough and roll out on a floured surface 0.5cm thick
- Cut up into any shape and place on baking tray. Gather scraps and do the same.
- Bake for 8 min depending on oven so keep an eye not to burn or under cook.
- Remove from tray and place on cooling rack.
These are the basic cookies now here are some variations
Just cut 1 cookie with a hole, bake as before and cool. Then spread jam on bottom cookie and place the other cookie piece on top.
the basic dough can be divided and food coloring added. Mix well, fool out into sheets and layer on top of each other. This is then rolled up and sliced then baked. Works well with cocoa as a coloring but it would need to be added to the flour stage of the dough.
Variations with added ingredients
Chocolate chips can be added to the basic dough will make a chocolate chip variety.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad