This is a very interesting article and I think I will give it a try and localise it a bit. So come on give it a try in the interest of world hunger. I would love to hear about your ideas you come up with
Here were my rules: (FAB modified)
- The budget – for EVERYTHING - was R250.
- I had to use as much food already in my pantry as possible. (Which accounted for a lot, and saved me mad dough in the long run.)
- Each meal had to feed at least 3 people
- Bonus points for leftovers.
- The chicken had to be used up within a few days, so it wouldn’t go bad.
- The meals had to have reasonable variety, preferably from a range of cuisines. It couldn’t be Chicken with Spaghetti on Day 1, then Chicken with Penne on Day 2.
- The meals had to have very little added fat, since the leftover chicken would provide most of it.
Marcella Hazan’s Lemon Roasted Chicken with Carrots and Potatoes
Chicken consumed: 10 ounces
A Tex mex dish will look at a variety here
White Chicken Chili
Food Network’s Sesame Noodles with Chicken
Chicken consumed: 1 cup
Cook’s Illustrated’s Chicken Curry in a Hurry
(recipe at bottom of post)
Chicken consumed: 2 cups