PREPARATION TIME: 15
MINUTES COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
1tbsp olive oil
250g bacon, cut into strips
250g (1 tub) plain cream cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
250g Camembert, cut into small pieces salt and freshly ground black pepper
a handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· Preheat the oven to 220°C.
· Cook the macaroni until al dente.
· Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the bacon until brown and crisp.
· Drain the macaroni, reserving 300 ml water. Add cream cheese to the water and stir until melted and smooth.
· Pour the cream cheese mixture over the macaroni and add the Camembert, lemon zest, and parsley. Season to taste and transfer into a 2 litre ovenproof dish.
· Mix the breadcrumbs and the Parmesan
cheese and sprinkle over the macaroni. Bake
for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Replace Camembert with Feta and replace the Parmesan with Gouda. A real comfort food.