Recipe extracted from here
Whole Wheat Waffles (makes 10 waffles)
1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Large Egg
1/3 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Accompaniments: maple syrup, honey, or raspberry sauce
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Sift the first 3 ingredients into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining wet ingredients.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a greased waffle iron and cook about 3-4 minutes or according to manufacturer’s directions.
6. Serve with desired accompaniments.
*To freeze: Allow to cool, place in a Ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready to eat, place in toaster oven until heated through or in the oven at 180 degrees and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad